Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

SEX OFFENDERS IN FLORIDA NOW HAVE WARNING SIGNS OUTSIDE THEIR HOMES


STARKE, Fla. -- Convicted sexual predators in Bradford County are being outed with red reflective signs posted outside their homes.

Sheriff Gordon Smith said it is all about making sure the community knows where they live.

"If it prevents one more victim in my community, I've done my job as sheriff," said Smith.

So far 18 signs have been made at a cost of $10 and they will be cemented into the ground on public property right away.

Sexual predators are people who have been convicted of a violent sexual crime against a child.

John Goodman, a man who lives on Oak Street in Starke, was unaware his home will soon be posted with a sign bearing his name.

"I've done learned my lesson. I don't do things like that anymore," said Goodman from the doorway of his home.

Goodman said he has no problem with the signs.

The sheriff said the first sign will go up on the outskirts of Starke later this week with 17 more to follow.

"I have no sympathy for predators, my main goal is to protect children and senior adults," said Sheriff Smith.


No comments:

Post a Comment