Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Police video: Reese Witherspoon in handcuffs


Reese Witherspoon, 37, was arrested by police in Atlanta after her husband was stopped on suspicion of drink driving.

CCTV from Atlanta City Detention Center shows Witherspoon getting out of the police car with handcuffs on before the officer takes them off her. The actress can then be seen walking with the officer into the detention centre.

She was allegedly arrested on a municipal charge of disorderly conduct after a state trooper said she wouldn't stay in the car while her husband, Jim Toth, was given a field sobriety test.

"Do you know my name?" Witherspoon is quoted as saying in a Georgia state trooper's report of the early Friday incident. She also said: "You're about to find out who I am" and "You're about to be on national news," according to the report.   The Oscar-winning actress released a statement late Sunday apologising for her behaviour.

"I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said," Witherspoon said.

"It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behaviour."

Witherspoon's court hearing on a disorderly conduct charge has been rescheduled and set for May 22.

Toth's hearing on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol has been set for May 23.    

No comments:

Post a Comment