Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

NYPD Traffic agent's beau beat me after I complained about ticket,


Complain about a ticket at your own risk.

A Brooklyn man was hospitalized after he says an NYPD traffic enforcement agent had her boyfriend beat him to a pulp for mouthing off over a ticket.

“He just knocked me out,” Dimitry Paul-Simon, 34, told the Daily News. “I was getting my butt whooped,”

Paul-Simon peering down from his third-floor window spotted the agent, Delores Brown, ticketing his girlfriend’s car on Patchen Ave. in Bedford-Stuyvesant.

It was about 1:45 p.m. on April 30 when the showdown began.

“I screamed out the window, ‘Why are you giving me a ticket? Are you dumb? Are you stupid?’” he admitted.

Paul-Simon said he carefully parked the black Chevy Impala to comply with the city’s alternate-side parking rules. So, he couldn’t imagine what the ticket was for.

Brown slapped a $65 ticket on the vehicle for an expired registration.

The Brooklyn man left his building about 20 minutes after shouting at Brown, he said. The agent was still in uniform and waiting for him when he got downstairs. That’s when he noticed four men at her side.

When she pointed at him, one of the men flashed a gun while another bashed him to the ground, Paul-Simon said.

“Boom - he punched me,” he recalled. “He looked like he worked out. His arms were about four times the size of mine.”

Paul-Simon says his attacker screamed, “What the f--k you said to my girl?”

But Brown, 35, says she doesn’t know the man who beat him up. She claimed a stranger intervened on her behalf when Paul-Simon lost his cool.

“The guys walking by got in a fight with him,” Brown said. I don’t know who the guys were.”

A witness identified on the police report didn’t know Brown or Paul-Simon. She said it was obvious the attacker was doing the traffic agent’s bidding.

“The person who was beating the guy said, ‘You’re f---ing with my wife. She has to do her job,’” recalled the witness, a 43-year-old woman. “He was stomping him with his boots, kicking him in the face.”

Reached at home in South Jamaica, Queens, Brown said the man threatened her from his window. Paul-Simon denied that account.

“He became a threat when he came out of the building and charged me,” the traffic agent said.

Brown says Paul-Simon was winning the fight when she left to call a supervisor. And she insisted she wouldn’t risk her job over something so silly.

“I get cursed out every day,” she said. “I wouldn’t jeopardize my job to beat someone up. I’m a single mother of four.”

The NYPD is investigating the fracas. Brown, who has been on the job just over a year, has been placed on a desk pending the outcome of the investigation.

Neighbors called 911 after the beatdown. No one has been arrested.

Paul-Simon, who has a 2005 New Jersey conviction on his record for theft by deception, was questioned by cops at the 81st Precinct stationhouse. Internal Affairs investigators interviewed him while he was at Woodhull Hospital.

His injuries included a sprained left elbow and swelling, cuts and bruises on his arms, legs and head.

“It was a lot of pain,” he said.

Paul-Simon, who makes a living selling shirts he designs, will likely sue Brown, the NYPD and the city. Police officials declined comment.

“It’s crazy to me,” Paul-Simon said. “My life could have been over for nothing.”

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

No comments:

Post a Comment