Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

At The Mercy Of Safe Foundation!!



To the people at safe

First of all I would like to thank you for all that you have done for my son Bentzy and for my husband & myself.

Believe it or not, we are hardworking responsible people that are trying to juggle life and life with an addict!

Life includes other children, life includes married children, life includes an older parent a Widow, life includes a grandson with health issues, and yes life includes other family weddings bar mitzvahs perhaps out of town! Having said that we are also NOT a charity case whatever service we need to pay for we happily agree to you have a record of my lateness of my call back records. Do you also have a record of what was discussed with Mrs. B. how many times she asked me our names our family history our insurance? I don't think so & do you know what it feels like to start with one therapist only to find out a month later she's leaving?  I understand things happen but why don't you understand US?  Safe is an Amazing and much needed organization and I can imagine what there is to deal with running a much needed place like this.

NOW take 90 Seconds to imagine what we are going through and perhaps you won't jump to conclusion and feel the need to treat parents of an addict like school children.

The fact is I desperately needed to speak to Mr. S yesterday I was and am at breaking point but I did come 13 Minutes late .and I understand your policy, with my private therapist I would only lose my 13 Minutes.
I wasn't aware that I lose my 45 Minutes which basically cost me 2 Hours of driving for no reason, one hour with anticipation for some peace of mind and soul and the hour back let alone no peace but frustration and a brick wall with nowhere to turn and this is the point of my letter .

I Am coming to Safe because I have a sick child don't you think the extremely extremely nice receptionist should have asked me are you desperate to see someone? Can someone just come out for a few minutes to answer a question? Right now I have a tough decision to make “Do I really want to cut my nose to spite my face"? No I can't afford to I love the Monday group I look forward to it it has helped us cope tremendously Mrs. R is Smart sensitive and insightful.

Yet I feel the need to remind you that we are just human beings doing our best!!!!

Humbly, A Mom

2 comments:

  1. unfortunately there is a huge need for these organizations and even more unfortunate is that more often then not us as parents of addicts are judged by the size of our bank accounts

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing so well written! I think the people that run these organization should have some more sensitivity to the paerants of the addict

    ReplyDelete