Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

Paula Abdul Sues Tanning Salon Over Burns


Paula Abdul is suing a Los Angeles tanning salon after she says she was terribly burned during a treatment she received.

UVASun West Inc. is accused of applying the treatment recklessly, causing burns over various parts of her body, including a second or third-degree burn on her thigh.

The treatment, called the SlimStar infrared body wrap, boasts weight control advantages and is described as using “infrared heat that penetrates twice as deep as other heat sources to target toxins and cellulite trapped in pockets below the surface of the skin.”

According to the lawsuit, Abdul suffered “great mental, physical and nervous strain, pain and suffering, and loss of earnings potential” and is asking for damages in excess of $25,000.

Last year the 51-year old choreographer traveled to Israel for a late-in-life Bat Mitzvah in order to get in touch with her Jewish heritage.

Beyond being Jewish, I’ve always found myself to be very much in tune with spirituality,” she said. “I feel very grateful coming to Israel now, where as a woman I know who I am a lot more than even 10 years ago.”

Abdul said the trip was “magical and emotional”, saying, “I’ve traveled the world touring and things like that but I don’t get the chance to see much of wherever I’m at.”

No comments:

Post a Comment