Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Rep. Michael Grimm Caught On Camera Physically Threatening NY1 Reporter

Michael Grimm

Staten Island Republican Congressman Michael Grimm threatened NY1 DC reporter Michael Scotto just minutes after the State of the Union Tuesday night.

Scotto was finishing an interview with Staten Island Michael Grimm about the State of the Union when he asked him about alleged campaign finance violations. Rep. Grimm immediately cut him off saying, “I’m not speaking about anything that is off-topic. This is only about the President’s speech.”

As the camera kept rolling, Grimm is seen returning to the reporter, physically threatening to throw him over the balcony and then said, “You’re not a man. I could break you in half.”

UPDATE: NY1 published the comments made by Congressman Grimm:

“What?” Scotto responded. “I just wanted to ask you…”

Grimm: “Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I’ll throw you off this f—–g balcony.”

Scotto: “Why? I just wanted to ask you…”

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: “If you ever do that to me again…”

Scotto: “Why? Why? It’s a valid question.”

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: “No, no, you’re not man enough, you’re not man enough. I’ll break you in half. Like a boy.”

Video of the incident immediately went viral on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment