Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cathy Scalia, 'Hot Dog Hooker' pleads guilty


EAST ROCKAWAY  -- The woman dubbed the "hot dog hooker" got out of jail today and talked about her prostitution arrest.

After five days in the clink, Cathy Scalia emerged unapologetic, unrepentant, and unwilling to change her chosen profession.

Police say Scalia, who operates a hot dog truck in Baldwin, has been offering a little something extra on the side, selling herself for sex with men.

She was arrested Friday in her East Rockaway home, after police say an undercover cop solicited her for sex.

"I gave him a little lap dance the next thing I know he asks me for (more)... I had 20 cop cars there with handcuffs on me, charging me with prostitution," she said.

Tuesday, Scalia pleaded guilty as charged to one count of prostitution even though hours later, she insisted that isn't what she meant.

"I pleaded guilty to stripper, a stripper. Not prostitution. Prostitution is sex. Listen I'm sister Theresa over here. Showing your cleavage is indecent exposure. Prostitution is sexual acts. That's prostitution," said Scalia.

A judge has ordered her to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

Wednesday, she plans to be back in her regular spot in Baldwin selling hot dogs and, she says lap dances.



No comments:

Post a Comment