Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Eddy Coello, 'person of interest' in wife's murder, assaulted and terrorized me, ex Glory Perez says

Glory Perez was terrified by what she described as Eddy Coello's violent outbursts and frequent threats to her life. Coello is a 'person of interest' in the death of his wife, Tina Adovasio


The discovery of a missing Bronx mom's body in the woods of Westchester sent a chill Thursday through another woman who once shared a bed - and a life - with ex-cop Eddy Coello.

Glory Perez said that in their three years together, Coello abused her the way cops say he later abused Tina Adovasio, who wound up dead after she tried to divorce him.

"I'm shocked," Perez told the Daily News. "I can't stop thinking about it. If I would have stayed with him and not left that would have been me. They would be finding my body right now."

Perez said Coello used his fists to keep her in line - and even threatened her with a gun.

"He would point the gun to my head and look me in the eye and say, 'Today you are going to die,'" she said. "I would beg for my life."

Coello, 38, quit his housing cop job after Internal Affairs began investigating allegations he'd beaten Perez, sources say. He has not been charged in Adovasio's death, but cops say he is a "person of interest" in the case.

Perez said she's watching her back as long as Coello is free. "I fear him," she said.

Speaking in her East Tremont apartment, the 35-year-old brunette recalled how their romance began - and how it rapidly turned into a nightmare that haunts her still.

She was 21 and shopping in a Bronx bakery when the handsome young cop caught her attention by shining his flashlight on her - and delivering a cheesy pickup line.

"He said, 'Hi, I think you and I would make a really nice couple,'" she said. "I thought, 'Great, another cop.'"

Perez said she had just broken up with another police officer and was not eager to date another. Still, Coello "seemed real sweet and was good looking so I gave him a chance," she said.

That was her first mistake.

"At first he was perfect," she said. "He said all the right things. He did all the right things.

"He liked to work out and so do I, so we had that together. He'd bring me flowers."

Soon they were living together. Then, one day, Coello pushed her and followed up with a punch. She said the blur of violence that followed obliterated that first painful memory.

"I've been hit so many times," she said.

Perez said Coello was trying to isolate her before the relationship turned violent.

"It began with him wanting to be around me 24-7," she said. "He wanted to always be with me. He had to always know where I was. It wasn't all of a sudden. He slowly turned like that. I didn't see the signs."

Coello couldn't bear other men looking at her, she said

2 comments:

  1. what happen to this crazy woman being frighten of the ex cop to speak out all of a sudden she speaks out hmmmm i think she just plain out nuts she looks like a complete liar she needs to be put in a white room now for the ex cop ill have u and your family in my prayers dont believe u did it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree all the way. This Psycho woman just wanted to come out in the daily news to get attention. She's a phony low life.

    ReplyDelete