Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

David Apelewicz, 43, Gunned Down in Brooklyn




















The father of a 43-year-old Brooklyn man gunned down near the subway is convinced his son was killed trying to fight off muggers.

"He wouldn't hurt nobody. He was fighting for his life," said Michael Apelewicz, 74, whose son, David, was shot March 18 and died Monday night. "He was fighting for his life. He was a very strong, husky guy. Maybe one of them gave up and decided to shoot."

Cops have released surveillance video yesterday of three possible suspects who shot Apelewicz, 43, on East 15th Street near the Avenue H subway station in Midwood

Investigators said they think Apelewicz was robbed. Cops said his wallet and cell phone were missing.

Apelewicz’ grieving father said his son, an unemployed real estate salesman who was working part time as a waiter, "wouldn’t hurt nobody."

The victim was a divorced father with two sons, Eric, 19, and Alex, 6.

"It brings tears to my eyes thinking about how that little boy’s going to feel when he finds out he’s never going to see his father again," said Amela Kadric, 39, a family friend.

"David was one of those people you’d never be bored around. He always had a joke, always had a laugh, always had a positive side to him."

The grainy surveillance video shows two young men, one in a hooded sweatshirt walking calmly along the street. They are followed by another young man in a hooded sweatshirt who looks like he’s trying to catch up to the others.

Cops responded to a call about gunshots fired and found Apelewicz on the ground with a single gunshot wound to the head.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Cops have released a video of three suspects in the March 18 shooting death of David Apelewicz, 43, of Midwood, Brooklyn.

Responding to a call of shots fired at about 5:35 a.m. on the 18th, cops found Apelewicz, shot in the head, in front of 884 East 15th Street, a couple of blocks north of his residence. The video, released by cops last night, ain't much, but it's all we got.

Tipsters can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or submit tips at nypdcrimestoppers.com or text info to 274637 (CRIMES), entering TIP577.

3 comments:

  1. People - send this link with this Video of David's murders to all your contacts and ask them to forward to their contacts. These morons who killed David should be found and punished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe he is gone. I was a good friend of his in Daytop. My he rest in peace. I pray they find the guys that did it. David was always there for people and had dreams to make it big. Those guys took his dream away from him and they need to pay. To the family my prayers are with you. I would love to keep Davidson spirit a live. His family contact me at JOHN.DMEINC@GMAIL please I live in California but I always remember David he was my best friend in Daytop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't believe he is gone. I was a good friend of his in Daytop. My he rest in peace. I pray they find the guys that did it. David was always there for people and had dreams to make it big. Those guys took his dream away from him and they need to pay. To the family my prayers are with you. I would love to keep Davidson spirit a live. His family contact me at JOHN.DMEINC@GMAIL please I live in California but I always remember David he was my best friend in Daytop.

    ReplyDelete