Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Toni Braxton Retiring From Music


Toni Braxton wants to “Breathe Again” after spending two decades as a successful recording artist.

“For what I do I have to love it,” the 45-year-old singer confessed to theGrio. “I have to feel that excitement and it’s gone.”

Fans can “Un-Break” their hearts because the eight-time Grammy winner isn’t leaving showbiz altogether, instead turning her focus on acting.

But even when acting she doesn’t stray far from music. Braxton stars as a single mother who is the lead singer of a small gospel choir and falls for an Orthodox Jewish man in Lifetime’s “Twist of Faith,” which aired Saturday.

Her obvious love for music isn’t completely gone as she further explained, “I’m just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects.”

Now she wants to be considered a professional actress and even though the third season of her hit reality TV show “Braxton Family Values” is set to air March 14 on We, she doesn’t want to be regarded as a reality star.




No comments:

Post a Comment