Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Gwyneth Paltrow, “I Am the Original Jewish Mother”


Actress and mother-of-two Gwyneth Paltrow has declared herself to be “the original Jewish mother.”

The London-based Paltrow, who is married to Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, told a reporter that the inspiration for her new cookbook, It’s All Good, was in part due to the pleasure she receives from feeding people.

“Creating a meal for my friends and family, sitting together, eating, laughing and talking – that is when I am so happy.

Oh my God, if you could see how much food I make – I am the original Jewish mother. Making meals from these new recipes that look, smell and taste like the food I always cooked but are also super-healthy is an added joy,” she said.

Paltrow got the idea for the cookbook, which focuses on healthy recipes, after a health scare led her to focus more intently on a proper diet.

Paltrow might also consider herself to be the “original Jewish friend.” Referring to Jay-Z and Beyonce , she said that they are part of her “mishpocheh” (a Yiddish word for family).

No comments:

Post a Comment