Sunday, March 24, 2013
FDNY: Stink From The Top of Racist, Anti-Semitic,
EMS Lt. Timothy Dluhos, 34, uses an image of Hitler for his profile photo and “Bad Lieutenant” as his online name as he spews a barrage of racist, sexist, anti-Semitic and anti-Asian comments.
The FDNY boss proudly posed with Mayor Bloomberg during a 2009 ceremony but hatefully calls Hizzoner “King Jew” and “King Heeb” on Twitter.
Dluhos, who works at EMS Station 57 in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, dropped to the ground sobbing Friday when The Post confronted him outside his Staten Island home.
“There has got to be a lot worse out there than me,” he insisted. “My life is ruined. Oh, my God,” Dluhos wailed. “I’m so sorry.”
Yet the 12-year EMS veteran, who was promoted to lieutenant in 2006, seemed to delight in these hateful Twitter diatribes:
* “I’m going to give up racial insults for Lent,” he tweeted Feb. 12. “Jesus that didn’t [last] too long. F--ken chinks can’t drive.”
* While giving what he called a “hood tour” of the Bedford-Stuyvesant area he serves, he posted photos of a housing project, fried-chicken joints and a strip club. “Real nasty place,” he tweeted Feb 23. “I’ve been there.”
* “Hahaha! I work with the coloreds,” he wrote in a Feb. 8 exchange. “For 12 years so that s--t just run off on me.”
* “That’s how King Jew sees it. Ban all guns & shootings will go down in NYC. But it’s the criminals w/the guns,” he ranted Jan. 30.
* A gold Nazi-era pin with a German U-boat and a swastika is “my most prized artifact,” he boasted on Jan. 30.
* “He was a good boy who never done NUFFIN wrong. Unf--kenreal. He was a perp & died like a perp. Oh well,” he tweeted March 14, mocking the grieving mother of Kimani Gray, the 16-year-old boy who was killed by cops in Brooklyn on March 9.
* He repeatedly Photoshopped an image of an unnamed black teen — putting a Hitler mustache on one photo and a surgical mask on another with the caption, “I’s be a doxter.”
* “My son thinks he’s one of ‘those people,’ ” Dluhos wrote in a caption for a Jan. 29 snapshot of his toddler son wearing pants that sagged below his underwear.
* “But at least I know my taxes go to the ‘undocumented’ citizens and lazy asses who do drugs all day,” Dluhos wrote March 15.
* “Got an extra shift at my second job. Think this will buy me a new gun,” he said, referring to his side gig for Richmond County Ambulance. Photos show a sniper rifle and other firearms stashed in his home.
* “I’m really a dirty pervert. I see a girl with tight pants on and my eyes immediately focus on her crotch to look for camel toe,” he tweeted March 15. He also posted a photo gallery of naked, obese women.
* He captioned a photo of an overweight woman talking with two men on St. Patrick’s Day: “I’m gonna get me 2 d--ks tonight. Good thing I take advantage of the drunk.”
The bad lieutenant is another black eye for the FDNY, a white-male bastion already under a federal court mandate to become more diverse.
It comes less than a week after The Post exposed the vile racist and anti-Semitic tweets posted by Fire Commissioner Sal Cassano’s own EMT son. Joseph Cassano, 23, who quit the next day.
The Post also revealed that Joseph Cassano and the white sons of other FDNY brass are joining the Emergency Medical Service as a shortcut to land firefighter jobs after the department was forced to hire more women and minorities.
The reports sparked an internal FDNY hunt for medics and firefighters spouting hate on social media, The Post has learned.
“They’re being proactive,” he said. “They’re looking to find anything else before the press does.”
But observers said the agency is up against a widespread, institutional problem.
“He is not an isolated case,” a retired EMS veteran said. “He’s a symptom of a sick system. If you work in the city for police, fire or EMS and tell me you’re surprised by this, you’re a liar.”
Israel Miranda, president of the union that represents EMTs, said his 3,500 members “do not condone the behavior or messages alleged. Our work force is one of the most diverse in city government.”
The union has warned its members in a newsletter: “Stay off of the social networks! Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram and Blogs! Enough said!”
After breaking down Friday, Dluhos — who made $93,561 in 2011 — tried to explain away his racist rants.
“I’ve seen strangers shot and killed. I’ve seen families torn apart by violence. It’s a damn shame that gang members ruin it for hardworking, struggling people,” he cried.
He insisted he doesn’t hate minorities or Jews.
“My stepfather’s Jewish,” he wept. “I don’t hate anybody.”
“I guess I should go enjoy my last day on the job,” Dluhos said.