Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Video shows NYPD cruiser hit Bronx dirt bikers, Killing Operator and injuring Passenger


NEW YORK - There is dramatic and disturbing video of a young man trying to get away from cops in the Bronx on his dirt bike when he's rammed from behind.

He went flying off his bike and died.

Police say it was accident.

The man riding on the bike with the victim says the squad car hit them intentionally.

"He's innocent. What did my son do?" said Carmen Gonzalez, victim's mother.

Carmen Gonzalez breaks down every time she talks about the incident that injured her son and killed his friend.

"And that's what I want to find out. Why was my son hit twice on his bike, what was he doing?" Gonzalez said.

It happened last August in Hunts Point.

Adalberto (Adam) Gonzalez was parked, sitting on a dirt bike when the police cruiser first comes into the picture, swerved toward him, and knocked him off the bike.

Then the 27-year-old is seen on the surveillance video running.

He jumped on a dirt bike with his friend Eddie Fernandez.

And seconds later, the police cruiser rammed the dirt bike from behind.

Cops say it was an accident, Adam Gonzalez believes it was intentional.

"My best friend died right in front of me, I see it every day," Gonzalez said.

When the cop car hit the dirt bike it knocked Gonzalez and Eddie Fernandez into a light pole.

Fernandez died in the street.

"I wasn't harming anybody, my friend should not have died just for having fun," Gonzalez said.

He acknowledges that by riding the dirt bikes in the street they were breaking the law.

"Were you guys running from police?" Eyewitness News asked.

"Can't answer that," Gonzalez said.

That question he wouldn't answer on camera. His attorneys advised him not to.

It is likely to be an issue during the trial.

But no matter what the justice system decides Adam Gonzalez's mother wants to know one thing.

"I want this cop to tell me why was my son struck twice, why?" Gonzalez said.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment