Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Brooklyn - DA Hynes Seeks To Kick Samuel Kellner Case To Incoming DA Thompson


Brooklyn, NY - Following a claim of alleged new evidence, and near fisticuffs between two of outgoing Brooklyn DA Charles Hynes’ top veteran prosecutors last Friday, the new ADA handling the Samuel Kellner extortion case asked a state Supreme Court Justice on Tuesday to push the case back until January, just weeks after DA-elect Thompson’s team takes over.

The NEW YORK DAILY NEWS reports that the new ADA, John Holmes, told Supreme Court Justice Ann Donnelly that he has virtually no information on the status of the case—-which dates back to April of 2011—-and that his office is unprepared for trial during his request for a continuance.

The two ADAs previously handling the case, Joseph Alexis and Nicholas Batsidis, were removed from the case last Friday after informing defense lawyers for Kellner that they planned to drop the case despite alleged new evidence that seemingly incriminates Kellner.

Their actions were overruled later Friday by Rackets Bureau Chief Michael Vecchione, which resulted in a heated argument between Vecchione and Alexis that almost came to blows.

One source said, “Alexis challenged Vecchione to a fight. It was like high school.”

Justice Donnelly set a hearing date for two weeks and ordered the alleged new evidence to be turned over to the defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment