Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Arik Einstein hospitalized in critical condition


Legendary singer Arik Einstein was hospitalized in critical condition on Tuesday.

Einstein, 74, was evacuated from his home to the emergency unit at Ichilov Hospital on Tuesday evening. No further details have been disclosed.

Einstein, who is a singer, songwriter and actor, is widely considered the greatest musician in Israeli history. 

Just a day earlier, it was reported that Einstein is to commence writing a weekly personal column in the weekend supplement of the Israeli daily Maariv.

The announcement surprised many, for the singer is well-known for rarely playing ball with media, and has not been performing on stages for many years now.

"I was offered to write a Friday column, and I said yes," Einstein said. "I hope I'll enjoy it, and I hope I'll have what to say – no preaching or provocation, that does not interest me... May we never be bored."

No comments:

Post a Comment