Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Silvio Berlusconi: My Children Feel Like Jewish Families in Nazi Germany under Hitler


Italy's former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has compared his judicial "persecution" to Jewish families in Germany under Hitler's Nazi rule.

"My children tell me they feel like Jewish families in Germany during Hitler," he said. "Everyone is against us."

The disgraced media tycoon, who faces another trial for allegedly bribing a senator, may be banned from the Italian parliament for two years for tax fraud.

The judgment will have to be ratified by a full meeting of parliament in the coming weeks. 

He also faces prosecution for a range of other criminal offences, including sex with an underage prostitute, if the ruling is upheld and he formally loses the immunity he held as a public official.

Berlusconi denied suggestions that he would leave Italy.

"I'm 100% Italian. I have my roots in Italy. In Italy I became what I am," he said.

"I've been entrepreneur, man of sport, political leader. This is my country, the country I love, the country where I have everything: my family, my friends, my companies, my home and where I had success. I don't even consider leaving Italy."

No comments:

Post a Comment