Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

Parents of Dead Billionaire Heiress Eva Rausing Want Jewish Burial


Eva Rausing, who was found dead in her $109 million home in London this month, wanted to be buried in Sweden but her parents want a Jewish burial in South Carolina, according to an account by the Daily Mail.


The American born Rausing was married to Hans Rausing Jr, – who is being held by British authorities on suspicion of murdering his wife – heir to the Tetra Pak fortune. The couple was mired in drug addiction for years and despite intervention attempts by friends and family, the drug problems continued right up until Eva’s death.

“The Kemenys have spent years expecting the worst but that doesn’t make their loss any easier. Nor are they sure when – or if – they will be allowed to bring Eva home. Her parents want to lay her to rest in a Jewish cemetery on Hilton Head Island,” writes the Daily Mail.

Eva’s maiden name is Kemeny and her will states her desire to be buried in Raus, Sweden, where her father in law was born.

An e-mail uncovered by the Daily Mail which Eva wrote to her father-in-law in 2006, but did not send, noted her fear of death.

“If nothing changes I will die, Hans. I just felt that I did not want to die without trying everything that I possibly could to reach you and to ask you to please help me. Your son feels very, very hopeless. Although I stick close to him, I am losing my grip because I am weakening.”

No comments:

Post a Comment