Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kristen Stewart apologizes for cheating on Robert Pattinson

The not-so-happy couple? Kristen Stewart, 22, is alleged to have cheated on Robert Pattinson with married director Rupert Sanders, 41 - despite posing together on Sunday at the Teen Choice Awards

LOS ANGELES — "Twilight" fans are heartbroken by Kristen Stewart's public admission that she cheated on her boyfriend and co-star Robert Pattinson. Some on Twitter are blasting the actress with no shortage of nasty names, while others are pledging support for Pattinson, calling him "sexy" and promising they'd be faithful.

But the scandal involving the on- and off-screen couple is unlikely to affect box-office returns for the final installment in the vampire-romance juggernaut due this fall, or even harm the image of the 22-year-old actress.

"It could make her actually more alluring," said Ian Drew, a senior editor at Us Weekly magazine, which features compromising photos of Stewart and her "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders in its latest issue, out Friday. "It's not like Sally Field did this, so it could actually enhance her appeal and make her even bigger."

Stewart, whom Forbes named Hollywood's highest-paid actress last month, issued an apology to People magazine Wednesday, saying she is "deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected."

"This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob," she said. "I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry."

Stewart and Pattinson, 26, have been in a relationship for several years after meeting on the set of "Twilight," in which they play lovers.

Sanders, 41, who is married and has two children, followed with his own apologetic statement to People.

"I am utterly distraught about the pain I have caused my family," he said. "My beautiful wife and heavenly children are all I have in this world, I love them with all my heart. I am praying that we can get through this together."

A spokesman for the director confirmed the statement Wednesday. Representatives for Stewart and Pattinson did not respond to requests for comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment