Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

‘Save him!’ – Open letter by Gilad Shalit


I would like to appeal to all of the People of Israel and especially to those who feel as I do that peace is a supreme value and that we must do everything in our power to achieve it.

Along with all of the People of Israel, I heard Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's appeal on Tuesday to the Americans to free Jonathan Pollard, who has been languishing in prison for 29 years.

After Israel has released terrorists with blood on their hands as a gesture to the Palestinians, a return gesture is all that is being requested.

I believe, and I think that like myself all of the People of Israel believe that the Prime Minister’s request for such a simple gesture, the release of Jonathan Pollard, is owed to us by right, and is not a favor.

Please, everyone, join me, in a clear demand to our friends, the Americans: we have already freed scores of murderous terrorists with blood on their hands at your request – now it is your turn to make a gesture to us!

It may even save Pollard’s life.

Corporal Gilad Shalit was a Hamas captive in Gaza for five years. He was freed in October 2011 as part of a deal that saw the release of more than 1,000 Palestinian prisoners.

No comments:

Post a Comment