Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

FBI agent gets year and one day in prison for leaking secret files


Adrian Busby was sentenced to one year and one day in prison for leaking secret files to help a confidential informant with whom he was having an affair.

A former FBI agent was sentenced to one year and one day of prison today for leaking secret documents to help a confidential informant with whom he was having an affair.

Adrian Busby, a Bed-Stuy native, was convicted in November in Manhattan federal court on four counts of making false statements.

The disgraced G-man lied on an official form in 2008, denying that the woman who would become his mistress was under investigation for identity theft when he signed her up as an informant in a mortgage-fraud probe.

He also gave the FBI and IRS reports to her defense lawyer to bolster her chances at trial.

Your life is now pretty much ruined, at least in terms of any law enforcement job,” said Judge Harold Baer, who also noted the damage Busby did to the FBI’s image. “You brought some unhappiness to their reputation.”

After the sentencing Busby said he was remorseful.

“I screwed up and I regret it, but I do not think I abused my power. I got permission every step of the way,” said Busby, who is no longer with his wife and has three children with health issues. “It’s a nightmare. I’m not going to be able to get another job. How am I supposed to support my family?”

No comments:

Post a Comment