Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Jewish Occupy mom wins $85,000 in divorce from banker husband

The mother-of-four who made headlines last year leaving her children to go join Occupy Wall Street is divorcing her husband and cashing in on his banking-earned riches in the process.

Stacey Hessler cites protesting as her procession and famously devoted herself to the Occupy movement, demonstrating against the very banks behind her recently increased cash-flow.

She walks away from former banker Curtiss Hessler with a total of $85,385 from his stock-filled retirement fund and bank account.

Divorce papers, seen by the New York Post, list 'irreconcilable differences' as the reason for the split, adding that their 19-year marriage 'is irretrievably broken'.

It is understood by friends of the Occu-Mom that her persistent protesting has caused their relationship to fail.

She would spend nights at a time sleeping outside high street banks in New York's financial district, including Bank of America, where Mr Hessler once worked before moving to a Florida local bank.

And if she wasn't there she would often be found at a Brooklyn hostel, eating handout meals from a public atrium of a Wall St building.

It's a far cry from their white-picket-fenced three-bedroom Florida home on the aptly names East Rich Avenue.

Curtis will keep the $65,000 house under the settlement and assumes the $13,000 mortgage.

He gets sole custody of their four children: Peyton,18, Kennedy,16, Sullivan, 14, and Veda, 8.

They can see their mom at any time but only in a 'safe environment' the papers dictate.

Mrs Hessler joined the Occupy movement with vigor after hearing about it online in November.

Twisting her hair into long dreadlocks and wearing hippy-style t-shits with logos like 'Make Love, Not War', the 39-year-old traveled to New York, leaving her children behind.

'Military people leave their families all the time, so why should I feel bad?' she told the Post, responding to criticism of her mothering techniques. 'I’m fighting for a better world.'

She was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, dramatic photos showing her being hauled away by police, her dreadlocks flying everywhere.

‘What did I do? What did I do?’ she shouted as she was taken away in plastic handcuffs by three police officers.

At the time she said she would be at the camp 'forever', admitting that her mother had told her she was being 'very selfish' in abandoning her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment