Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jewish Actress Paula Abdul Fired From 'The X Factor'


Paula Abdul took the high road Tuesday as she broke her silence on her unceremonious exit from "The X-Factor."

"Yes, it's true; I won't be returning to The X Factor next season," Abdul said in a statement. "I've learned through my longevity in this industry that business decisions often times override personal considerations.

Abdul's "American Idol" co-host Simon Cowell had brought her onboard for the first season of the American version of his hit

British reality singing competition series, but showed no favoritism as he cleaned house Monday night. The "Straight Up" singer joined host Steve Jones and fellow judges Nicole Scherzinger on the unemployment line.

The show's ratings had been solid, but disappointing -- leading Cowell to make the changes for "The X-Factor's" next season.

Cowell once boasted that anything less than 20 million weekly for "The X Factor" would be disappointing. The show averaged roughly 12.5 million.

While the moves to jettison Scherzinger and Jones came as little surprise based on their critically canned performances, Abdul's firing surprised observers, especially given her history as Cowell's favorite on-air sparring partner and friend.

"Simon and I, along with Fox and Fremantle, have been communicating about this for a while now, and I have absolute understanding of the situation," Abdul said in her statement. "Simon is, and will remain a dear friend of mine and I've treasured my experience working this past season with my extended family at Fox and Fremantle.

"I want nothing more than for The X Factor to exceed ALL of their wildest dreams. This truly has been a blessing and I am most grateful.



Paula Abdul Exits 'The X Factor': MyFoxNY.com

1 comment:

  1. I like Paula abdul but she clearly has some issues with substance abuse for years

    ReplyDelete