Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Samantha Koenig Father to Daughter's Captors: I'll Give You Anything

Kidnapped: Samantha Koenig, 18, was abducted from a coffee shop where she worked as a barista, police say

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – An Alaska father is pleading for the return of his 18-year-old daughter who was abducted from the coffee shop where she works.

Samantha Koenig was taken Wednesday evening from Common Grounds Espresso in Anchorage by an armed man, KTUU-TV reported. The abduction was captured on surveillance video.

Her family is offering a reward of more than $12,500 for her return. Speaking Saturday at Common Grounds, her father James Koenig offered her kidnappers "anything in this world" for her return.

"I want to ask for her captors that they will please send my daughter home," he said. "Call me anonymously, you don't have to go through the police, I will meet you, I will give you whatever you want."

Koenig urged his community to "go door-to-door, every neighborhood" and report "anything suspicious, no matter how small you think it is."

He believes his daughter likely knew her kidnapper, according to the Anchorage Daily News, but said he could not "give out any names."

"The police, I'm sure, have investigated it and I'm sure are questioning these people daily," he said.

Common Grounds' owner said the kidnapper took all of the cash in the shop when he took Samantha Koenig on Wednesday.

No suspects have been identified and no arrests have been made in the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment