The FDNY arrived with an 'all hands response,' including two ladders, two engines and the chief, as well as an ambulance.
Thankfully, no one was hurt, and the blaze was quickly brought under control. The fire caused little damage, but the home sustained heavy damage due to the shattered windows and broken doors caused by the firefighters' axes.
The fire was reportedly caused by an unclean dryer vent in the apartment which the rov was renting out.
This is the second 'dryer fire' on Montgomery Street in two months. Dryer vents must be cleaned periodically to prevent the build up of lint, which can be ignited by a spark from the dryer and cause a fire.